Primus Cloud Solutions is a Cloud Solutions Provider with headquarters in Maryland USA. We are rapidly growing and expanding our services to countries across Africa and Europe. We are engaged in South Africa and looking to add an experienced AWS Solutions Architect to our team. If you are passionate about developing quality solutions and thrive in a fast-paced, forward-thinking environment, then this could be the ideal opportunity for you. You will work independently but will have a team of high performers to lean on when necessary.
We are looking for strong experience with the following:
- Experience with designing and deploying highly available and highly reliable systems utilizing the AWS Well-Architected Framework.
- Experience with key AWS services like EC2, S3, IAM, VPC Configuration, etc.
- Conduct research on emerging on-premise and cloud technologies in support of infrastructure development efforts and recommend technologies that will increase cost-effectiveness and infrastructure flexibility.
- Develop, document, make recommendations, and communicate plans for investing in IT cloud infrastructure, including analysis of cost reduction opportunities.
- Acts as an expert for infrastructure teams in the plan, design, and delivery of IT solutions.
- Experience migrating existing applications to the AWS platform
- Advises teams of IT technology standard requirements, methodology and processes.
- Responsible for impact analysis and design modifications to existing systems to support new solutions.
- Prepares business case, lobbies to secure funding for, and drives implementation of new technologies based upon business value drivers and return on investment.
- Owns overall platform architecture vision and ensures specific components are appropriately designed and leveraged; drives pieces of the holistic vision of Enterprise Architecture.
- Leads the construction of infrastructure architecture components.
- Leads infrastructure architecture vision and ensures specific components are appropriately designed and leveraged.
- Anticipates areas where architecture standards may need to be developed and define those standards that are in-line with customer, IT and industry standards.
- Experience configuring IAM User, Roles and Policies for multi-account authentication.
- Integration with SSO providers like Active Directory and Azure AD.
- Experience with utilizing tools like Terraform or CloudFormation to build Infrastructure as Code (IaC).
- Experience with Cloud methodologies, frameworks, automation, and industry-leading trends like DevOps.
- Experience with Cloud Cost Optimization and Security tools like Trusted Advisor, CloudCheckr, etc.
- Experience utilizing the AWS TCO calculator to help project forecasted costs.
- Ability to perform basic network troubleshooting and high availability concepts.
- Requires Bachelor’s degree in related field; 7 years of experience in architecture/design in relevant technology disciplines; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- 10 years of experience in information technologies in a highly regulated environment (financial, healthcare, or government etc).
- Experience designing, integrating and managing complex infrastructure solutions.
- Must have excellent communication skills and the ability to lead and influence others.
- Working knowledge of the AGILE development framework.
- Strong background in architecting cloud solutions and migrating workloads to a public cloud service provider using a hybrid cloud model.
- Expertise in working with AWS and Microsoft Azure cloud solutions. Government cloud experience preferred, but not mandatory.
- Experience in establishing technical and operational governance over the enterprise, data center, and cloud architectures.
- Advanced knowledge in all areas of IT infrastructure to include, but not limited to; Active Directory, system administration, backup and restore services, cloud and virtualization, data storage, networks, databases, IT security, and end-user services.
- Good understanding of IT Service Management (ITSM) principles and architectures.
- Ability and desire to take ownership of work assignments and drive tasks to completion.
Sr AWS Solutions Architect
South Africa (Required)
Company’s Social Media Pages
Temporarily due to COVID-19